TREATMENT RATING: This cancer treatment is rated ONLY as being effective on newly diagnosed cancer patients who do not have a fast-growing cancer and their cancer has not spread significantly!! If you are an advanced cancer patient who has had a lot of chemotherapy, radiation or surgery or you have a potentially fast-growing cancer, do not use this treatment as your primary cancer treatment, use one of the protocols linked to on the following web page as your primary treatment:
How It Works
Coenzyme Q10 is an antioxidant that stimulates the heart muscles and stimulates the immune system in several different ways, mainly through higher antibody levels, and greater numbers and/or activities of the cancer fighting macrophages and T-cells. There may be other ways Co-Q10 aids in the fight against cancer that have not yet been isolated. Of course it is best known as an antioxidant. Antioxidants help the body use oxygen more efficiently.
The first thing that needs to be emphasized is dosage. In experiments where the dosage was only 90 mg, results were sporatic. However, when dosages were in the range of 400-600 mg, and perhaps higher, results were substantial. (Note: A person should gradually build up to dosages above 100 mg.)
- “In late 1993, Dr. Folkers arranged for the first clinical trial of Co Q10 at a clinic in Copenhagen, Denmark. Doctors treated 32 patients with advanced, “high risk” breast cancer. In addition to appropriate surgery and conventional treatment, each patient was given 90 mg of CoQ10 per day. They also received other vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids. On this regimen, 6 of the 32 patients showed partial tumor regressions, significant in “advanced” patients. Then in October 1993, a strange thing happened: one of these six women, on her own, increased her dosage from 90 to 390 mg per day. By the next month, her doctors wrote, “the tumor was no longer palpable and in the following month, a mammogram confirmed the disappearance of her tumor. After that, another woman in the group also increased her dose, this time to 300 mg. Her tumor also soon disappeared and a clinical examination revealed no evidence of the prior residual tumor, nor of distant metastases.”Ralph Moss, Antioxidants Against Cancer
The significance of this study is two-fold. First, all of these patients were given chemotherapy along with the Co-Q10. Imagine what results would have been obtained without the toxic and immune system destroying chemotherapy! Second, the dosages of Co-Q10 given by the doctors were far too low (90 mg). It was the patients who made the greatest discoveries.
- “Coenzyme Q10 stimulates animal immune systems, leading to higher antibody levels, greater numbers and/or activities of macrophages and T cells (T lymphocytes), and increased resistance to infection. Coenzyme Q10 has also been reported to increase IgG (immunoglobulin G) antibody levels and to increase the CD4 to CD8 T-cell ratio in humans. CD4 and CD8 are proteins found on the surface of T cells, with CD4 and CD8 identifying “helper” T cells and “cytotoxic T cells”, respectively; decreased CD4 to CD8 T-cell ratios have been reported for cancer patients. Research subsequently delineated the antioxidant properties of coenzyme Q10.”
And by a different author:
- “A subsequent study showed a statistically significant relationship between the level of plasma coenzyme Q10 deficiency and breast cancer prognosis. Low blood levels of this compound have been reported in patients with malignancies other than breast cancer, including myeloma, lymphoma, and cancers of the lung, prostate, pancreas, colon, kidney, and head and neck. Furthermore, decreased levels of coenzyme Q10 have been detected in malignant human tissue, but increased levels have been reported as well.”
- “Dr. Douglass points out that CoQ10 dissolves in fat and that it is therefore most absorbable in either a special wafer form (to which some oil has been added) or taken with a tablespoon of olive oil. Burton Goldberg recommends coconut oil.”
If you have been paying attention to my articles, you should jump out of your chair and shout: “Hey, this would be a great substance to add the Budwig Diet too.” So it would.
There are two reasons for taking Coenzyme Q10 supplements, even though our body can manufacture it. First, the body makes less of this as we age. Second, the B vitamins niacin (B3), folic acid, and pyridoxine (B6) are required for the body to manufacture this nutrient, and most people don’t get enough of these B vitamins.
Supercharging This Treatment
While Coenzyme Q10, by itself, can cause cancer remission, virtually every study with Co-Q10 involved mixing Co-Q10 (which helps the immune system), with chemotherapy (which destroys the immune system), thus leading to mixed results. Because of the lack of scientific research on Co-Q10, sans chemotherapy, this treatment plan must be supplemented until more information is received.
Perhaps the obvious place to start is the Stockholm Protocol, which is centered on Co Q10.
Stockholm Protocol: (daily):
1.2 grams of Gamma Linolenic Acid
3.5 grams of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
58 mg (32,248 iu) Beta Carotene
2.8 grams Vitamin C
2500 iu Vitamin E
385 micro grams Selenium
390 mg CoQ10
The Vitamin C in this regimen is far too low, and should probably be in the range of 12 grams (3 grams 4 times daily). Additionally, this treatment plan should also include a good multi-vitamin, which must include a wide array of trace elements (or use mineral water) and it must be strong in the B-Vitamins.
Since treatment plans that build the immune system generally take longer to aid in killing cancer cells (because they work indirectly), other treatment plans should be combined with this plan to help kill cancer cells directly and stop the spreading of the cancer. These might include Essiac Tea and/or grape cure, to kill cancer cells directly, and Rath Cellular Solution and MSM to stop metastasis.
I have included this product in my articles because of its affect on some patients in spite of them taking chemotherapy. Also because it lends itself to being combined with the Budwig Diet.
An alternative cancer treatment should be a complete treatment protocol. Do NOT forget to study the complete treatment protocol for Stage I, II and III cancer patients and the complete treatment protocol for Stage IV cancer patients:
|Karl Loren||Excellent article, with many references, by the ubiquitous Karl Loren|
|Lyme Disease Site||Scholarly article, references are summarized|
|Life Extension Foundation||Cancer treatment protocol – Co Q10 mentioned first|
|Positive Health||Cancer treatments – Co Q10 mentioned first|
|Cancer-Info||Scientific study – plus Stockholm Protocol|
|The Nutrition Reporter||Very Good Article on Q10|
When Mother Nature provides the medicine...
People all across the world are scrambling to find natural solutions to their health problems. Of all the “alternative” options, essential oils are currently the hottest trend toward regaining control of your health!
Important Things You’ll Learn About Essential Oils:
● Understand what essential oils are and why they are popular today
● Why essential oils are nature’s BEST medicine
● How to use essential oils safely and effectively
● Tips for regaining control of your health with essential oils
● Pain and stress remedies using essential oils
● Culinary uses for essential oils
● How to use essential oils for high performance health
● Essential oils for animal aromatherapy
● And so much more!