Ready to get your green on? This superfood smoothie recipe may be bright red thanks to the beet, but it uses Dr. Z’s Super Greens Powder, plus some amazing anti-oxidant rich fresh fruits, veggies, and seeds.
The banana and avocado lend a smooth texture, and if you want the smoothie cold and refreshing, you can use frozen ingredients! Throw it all in your Vitamix and you’ll have a super-healthy meal on the go.
- 1-2 tablespoons super greens powder
- 1 banana
- 1 whole lemon (peel and all!)
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful berries
- 1 handful cubed pineapple
- ½ whole beet
- 1 handful fresh greens (organic kale, collards, etc)
- 1 T ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 T chia seed (optional)
- 1 T hemp hearts (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in your Vitamix or blender, add enough water so that the ingredients are all submerged in water and blend until smooth. Voila!