Aired: Saturday, April 4th, 2015
Get rid of cancer cells with every bite you take; diet, along with attitude, is critical to recovery and prevention.
Interviewed in this Episode:
- Dr. Robert Scott Bell, D.A. Hom.
- Dr. Patrick Quillin, Ph.D, R.D., C.N.S.
- Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy, M.D.
- Mike Adams, Scientist, Author, Lecturer, “The Health Ranger”
- Dr. David C. Jockers, D.C.
- Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, D.O.
- Dr. Bradford S. Weeks, M.D.
- Chris Wark, Cancer Survivor, Author, Lecturer
- Dr. Irvin Sahni, M.D.
- Dr. David Brownstein, M.D.
- Dr. Keith Scott Mumby, M.D., Ph.D
- Dr. Rashid Buttar, D.O.
- Dr. Ben Johnson, M.D., N.M.D, D.O.
- Paul Barattiero, C.Ped
- Bob Wright, American Anti-Cancer Institute Founder
- Suzanne Somers, Cancer Survivor, Author
- Marlon Glenn, Cancer Survivor
The night’s episode brings the fabled idiom “You Are What You Eat” to light with eye-opening revelations on how oral indulgence affects our risk for disease.
Ty starts off with an interview from Food Scientist Mike Adams on this very topic:
“If you’re eating junk, if you’re eating toxins, if you’re eating heavy metals; your body, your brain, your organs, your skin … they all become junk, they become toxic, they becomes processed and it’s not-natural”
Referring to nutrition’s impact on cancer, Dr. Patrick Quillin addresses five main reasons why food needs to be a part of every therapeutic regiment.
- Cachexia: 40% of cancer patients die of malnutrition
- Chemo and Radiation: nutrition helps to make these treatments more selective than destructive
- Sugar feeds Cancer
- Nutrition is a primary precursor toward Immunity
- Nutrients are capable of changing bodily functions
“A well nourished cancer patient can better manage the disease and the therapies used to treat cancer” (Dr. Patrick Quillin, Quest for the Cures).
Dr. David Brownstein proposes the USDA Food Pyramid is the primary cause for a nation that leads in Obesity, Diabetes, and Metabolic Syndromes. A simple switch to oils rich in Medium-Chain Triglycerides has proven helpful for those with Alzheimer’s, ALS, Parkinson’s and Dementia. Suzanne Somers includes such MCTs in her line of “Certified Toxic Free,” coconut-oil-based products. Dr. Brownstein also stresses the importance of unrefined salt in out diets, “salt is needed for iodine formation, immune system functionality and hormonal regulation”.
Perhaps the most captivating part of the segment, Dr. David Jockers delves into the differences between Grass-Fed and Grain-Fed Beef, as well as the similarities between the Atkin’s and Ketogenic Diets. The critical downfall of the Atkin’s diet is the abundant use of grain fed meats, leaving followers filled with hyper-inflammatory Omega 6s. In contrast, Grass-Finished cattle contain a perfect ratio of Omega 3s to Omega 6s, while also containing Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): a potent anti-carcinogen
A true testament of how valuable this episode is, Dr. Irvin Sahni took his own advice and that of his peers into practice. After the Quest for the Cures originally aired, he was able to implement his own Ketogenic Diet, along with Intermittent Fasting in order to lose 50 pounds and prevent a myriad of degenerative diseases
Lose Weight, Prevent Cancer, and Deal with Chronic Disease Effectively with these videos.
Memorable Quotes from the Sixth Episode
– Dr. Patrick Quillin, Ph.D, R.D., C.N.S.
– Paul Barattiero, C.Ped
– Ty Bollinger, Author
– Suzanne Somers, Cancer Survivor, Author
– Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy, M.D.
– Dr. Bradford S. Weeks, M.D.
– Mike Adams, “The Health Ranger”
– Dr. Irvin Sahni, M.D.
*Bonus Footage: The death of Teacher Marlon Glenn’s sister motivated him to revamp what children in his school think about “nutrition.”
Originally Aired: Sunday, April 5th, 2015
Which popular diagnostic tests actually cause cancer? Tune In and Find Out!