Let Us Count The Ways
The concept that people will die more quickly if they have surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation treatments may surprise some people. How is it possible that people who go through treatments can die quicker than people who refuse treatments?
In fact, there are many ways that orthodox cancer treatments can kill a cancer patient long before they would have died without treatment of any kind. For example:
- Malnutrition #1: About 40 percent of cancer patients die of malnutrition before they would have died of their cancer. Two of the causes of this malnutrition, which are related to chemotherapy, will now be discussed: First, chemotherapy makes a person very nauseous and causes them to throw-up. This causes many people to“… develop anorexia – the loss of appetite or desire to eat. This situation is not good at all because it can lead to a condition known as cancer “cachexia” – a wasting syndrome characterized by weakness and a noticeable continuous loss of weight, fat, and muscle.” Cachexia is a common cause of death of cancer patients.
- Malnutrition #2: Second, chemotherapy destroys the lining of the digestive tract of many cancer patients, making it impossible for the body to absorb the nutrients of the foods they eat, leading to malnutrition. As one person put it, even if a cancer patient eats like a king, they can literally die of malnutrition.
- Destroys the immune system: Because chemotherapy and radiation destroy a person's immune system, many cancer patients die of opportunistic infections, such as sepsis or pneumonia. As a side note, more than 200,000 Americans a year die of sepsis. When a cancer patient dies of sepsis it is most likely because chemotherapy destroyed the patient's immune system, allowing sepsis to easily kill the patient. It may be counted as a sepsis death, not a cancer death. This is just one of many ways that the medical community can hide the true statistics of chemotherapy and radiation.
- Destroys the immune system: Because chemotherapy and radiation kill white blood cells (white blood cells are the body's natural defense against cancer), chemotherapy and radiation destroy not only a body's natural defense against cancer, it also destroys the body's defense against new cancers.
- Destroys Red Blood Cells: Because chemotherapy and radiation kill red blood cells (red blood cells carry oxygen to the cancer cells and oxygen helps keep cancer from spreading), cancer cells do not get a normal supply of oxygen. Since cancer cells are anaerobic, this allows them to thrive and divide faster.
“So, if a Cancer patient is already Acidic & if Acid drives out the oxygen causing an anaerobic atmosphere that Cancer loves, how much sense does it make to take Chemotherapy that will kill more of your oxygen carrying Red Blood Cells? By a matter of deduction and the use of common sense once again, wouldn't that create an even more anaerobic atmosphere and provide an even more desirable situation for Cancer to wreak havoc?”
- Kill a Vital Organ: Chemotherapy and radiation frequently kill a vital organ of a patient, such as the liver or heart. One metal found in at least three types of chemotherapy is virtually guaranteed to kill the patient of heart disease. Once the damage is done, nothing, not even alternative cancer treatments, can save the patient.
- Can Biopsies or Surgery Help Spread the Cancer? Biopsies and surgery can release cancer cells into the bloodstream, but this will not necessarily cause the cancer to spread. Free-floating cancer cells are not likely to be integrated into tissue elsewhere in the body. However, cutting cancer cells apart (during a biopsy or surgery) will likely cause the microbes inside the cancer cells (i.e. see the “What Causes Cancer” article) to be released into the bloodstream. This is more likely to cause the cancer to spread as the microbes may get inside of healthy cells somewhere else. However, in either case, it is not likely that a biopsy or cancer surgery will actually cause the cancer to spread, meaning metastasize.
- Chemotherapy is Carcinogenic: Chemotherapy and radiation can dramatically increase the probability that a person will get certain types of cancer. For example, many women treated with chemotherapy and radiation for breast cancer later develop uterine cancer. Chemotherapy drugs are not only toxic, they are carcinogenic.
- Lose the Will To Live: Many cancer patients are so devastated by the sickness and nausea orthodox treatments give them, that they lose the will to live, meaning they lose the will to keep fighting their cancer.
The three major studies mentioned above all yielded the same conclusion: There is no scientific evidence that orthodox treatments extend the “total life” of most cancer patients.
The above list is a rather small listing of the side-effects of orthodox treatments. If you want a more complete picture of how bad orthodox treatments are, watch the videotape “Cancer Doesn't Scare Me Anymore” by Dr. Lorraine Day, M.D., available at many health food stores or at:
I should note that alternative treatments for cancer have none of the above problems. Alternative cancer treatments generally include dietary items that build a person's immune system, cause no additional pain, provide large amounts of natural nutrients, do not spread the cancer, selectively target and kill cancer cells, cause no damage to normal cells, and so on.
Judging Orthodox Cancer Treatments
So how can we judge whether orthodox cancer treatments should be used at all?
Everyone knows that surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation cause a patient to become very sick and they do massive damage to the immune system, they can damage vital organs, etc. How, then, can we justify the use of these three treatments? I would suggest that we “judge” orthodox medicine based on three important criteria:
First, the increase in “total life” of the patient by use of the treatment,
Second, the damage to a patient's immune system, which causes a severe weakness in the person's ability to fight their current cancer, plus their ability to fight future cancers, and
Third, the loss of “quality of life” of the patient.
Orthodox medicine fails in all three of these categories. First, there is no scientific evidence that in the vast majority of cancers, orthodox treatments extend the “total life” of patients. Second, the damage done to a patient's immune system is very severe, plus it even kills many red blood cells and can damage vital organs. Third, orthodox treatments not only cause severe trauma to the patient, but they also cause severe damage and stress to their body.
Suppose I made the statement: “In order to justify the damage done by orthodox medicine, to both the body and quality of life of a cancer patient, orthodox medicine must increase the “total life” of the patient by 30 percent.” Now some people might not like the 30 percent number, they may pick 20 percent or another person might pick 100 percent. But whatever number you personally pick, note that there is no scientific evidence that orthodox treatments extend the “total life” of patients one minute. In fact, in most cases, orthodox medicine shortens the life of cancer patients.
“2 to 4 percent of cancers respond to chemotherapy…The bottom line is for a few kinds of cancer chemo is a life extending procedure—Hodgkin's disease, Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL), Testicular cancer, and Choriocarcinoma.”
Ralph Moss, Ph.D. 1995 Author of: Questioning Chemotherapy
Actually, it is very doubtful Hodgkin's disease patients have their life extended by more than a few years. In any case, how can we “justify” the use of orthodox cancer treatments? We cannot in 97 percent of the cases. Even for the 3 percent that are benefited there may be alternative treatments that are even better than chemotherapy.More on the “5 Year Cure Rate”
When you see a chart of orthodox medicine “5-year cure rates,” you might see a number like 45 percent, meaning 45 percent of cancer patients for this particular cancer lived 5 years after diagnosis. There are many statistical tricks that are used to get to this 45 percent figure, but even if this number were accurate (which it is not), even this number is worthless. I will explain why.
When you see a number like 45 percent you are supposed to think in your mind this thought: “The cure rate for those who refuse all orthodox treatments, and refuse all alternative treatments, is 0 percent.” That is what they want you to think.
But what is the truth? What if the “5-year cure rate” for those who refused all treatments was 50 percent? If that were the case, then 5 percent those who go on orthodox treatments would die before the 5 years is up, whereas they would not have died if they had refused all treatments. Would this statistic cause people to run to the nearest hospital to have chemotherapy? Of course not. My point is that orthodox medicine doesn't want you to know the “5-year cure rate” for those who refuse all treatments and they especially don't want you to know the “5-year cure rate” for those who go on alternative treatments. When the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation are taken into account, people would demand that orthodox treatments are at least 15 percent higher, or more, than for those who refuse all treatments or go on alternative cancer treatments. That statistic will never be calculated by orthodox medicine.
By far, the most important statistics you need to know in order to make an informed decision are suppressed and not kept. Why? Because they don't want you to make the obvious choice of going with alternative medicine instead of orthodox medicine. But going with alternative medicine requires a lot of homework on your part to make sure you go on the right alternative cancer treatments.
More will be said about the suppression of data in a moment.
More on Treating the Symptoms of Cancer
Dr. Philip Binzel, M.D., a medical doctor who used alternative cancer treatments, discussed several key issues relative to the treatment of the symptoms of cancer. Let us look at a longer version of a quote that was mentioned earlier (italics mine):
When a patient is found to have a tumor, the only thing the doctor discusses with that patient is what he intends to do about the tumor. If a patient with a tumor is receiving radiation or chemotherapy, the only question that is asked is, “How is the tumor doing?” No one ever asks how the patient is doing. In my medical training, I remember well seeing patients who were getting radiation and/or chemotherapy. The tumor would get smaller and smaller, but the patient would be getting sicker and sicker. At autopsy we would hear, “Isn't that marvelous! The tumor is gone!” Yes, it was, but so was the patient. How many millions of times are we going to have to repeat these scenarios before we realize that we are treating the wrong thing?
In primary cancer, with only a few exceptions, the tumor is neither health-endangering nor life-threatening. I am going to repeat that statement. In primary cancer, with few exceptions, the tumor is neither health-endangering nor life-threatening. What is health-endangering and life-threatening is the spread of that disease through the rest of the body.
There is nothing in surgery that will prevent the spread of cancer. There is nothing in radiation that will prevent the spread of the disease. There is nothing in chemotherapy that will prevent the spread of the disease. How do we know? Just look at the statistics! There is a statistic known as “survival time.” Survival time is defined as that interval of time between when the diagnosis of cancer is first made in a given patient and when that patient dies from his disease.
In the past fifty years, tremendous progress has been made in the early diagnosis of cancer. In that period of time, tremendous progress had been made in the surgical ability to remove tumors. Tremendous progress has been made in the use of radiation and chemotherapy in their ability to shrink or destroy tumors. But, the survival time of the cancer patient today is no greater than it was fifty years ago. What does this mean? It obviously means that we are treating the wrong thing!
We are treating the symptom — the tumor, and we are doing absolutely nothing to prevent the spread of the disease. The only thing known to mankind today that will prevent the spread of cancer within the body is for that body's own defense mechanisms to once again function normally. That's what nutritional therapy does. It treats the defense mechanism, not the tumor.
The woman with a lump in her breast is not going to die from that lump. The man with a nodule in his prostate gland is not going to die from that nodule. What may kill both of those people is the spread of that disease through the rest of their bodies. They got their disease because of a breakdown of their defense mechanisms.
The only thing that is going to prevent the spread of their disease is to correct the problem in those defense mechanisms. Doesn't it seem logical then, that we should be a lot less concerned with “What are we going to do about the tumor?” and a lot more concerned about what we are going to do about their defense mechanisms?
~ Philip Binzel, M.D., Alive and Well, Chapter 14
I want to emphasize a key point in that quote. Orthodox medicine treats symptoms. They would have you believe that the tumor is the cancer. The tumor is not the cancer. The tumor is a symptom of a symptom. A tumor is a symptom of cancer and cancer is frequently a symptom of a weakened immune system. Is it best to treat the symptom of the symptom or is it best to treat the cause?
Alternative cancer treatments focus on building the immune system, selectively killing cancer cells and sometimes on converting cancerous cells into normal cells. Alternative cancer treatments are usually not interested in shrinking tumors. Why? Because if you safely kill the cancer cells in a tumor, and throughout the rest of the body, the tumor is as harmless as your little finger, even if the tumor tissue is still there. It is not the tumor tissue that is dangerous, it is the cancer cells.
And therein lies one of the major differences between orthodox medicine and alternative medicine. Orthodox medicine focuses on the size of the tumor, alternative medicine focuses on the cancer cells in the tumor. Many alternative cancer treatments do not shrink the size of tumors. Some do shrink the size of tumors, but some do not. So what? If the cancer cells in a tumor are dead, the cancer will not spread and the tumor is harmless. This is what Dr. Binzel was talking about when he stated that orthodox medicine was treating the wrong thing. Only if the tumor is pressing on another organ, or is blocking some bodily function, is the tumor dangerous. But in that case, the danger from the tumor has nothing to do with cancer.
Another interesting thing in relation to that quote is that nothing that orthodox medicine does treats the spread of the cancer. While it is true that some chemotherapy is designed to kill fast spreading cells in the body, chemotherapy always kills far more normal cells than cancer cells. Many normal cells in the body are fast spreading and are killed by chemotherapy. Chemotherapy would almost always kill the patient long before it would kill all of the cancer cells in a body.
Get the Introduction To Alternative Cancer Treatments Ebook
Signup to get the "Introduction To Alternative Cancer Treatments" Ebook delivered to your Email Inbox immediately.