In the hot summer months when there is plenty of fruit on hand the blender is our go-to appliance. There’s no cooking required, it’s ready in a minute, and it doesn’t put off heat in the kitchen. Why not whip up some tasty, nutritious, antioxidant-rich blender beverages?
Not summer? No problem. Frozen fruits work well too.
Here’s the recipe for one of our family’s favorite power breakfast beverages:
- 3 cups filtered water
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 ¼ cups blueberries
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼ cup raw, organic pumpkin seeds (or almonds)
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 or 2 handfuls fresh kale or 1 to 2 tablespoons Green SuperFood Powder
- ¼ teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 scoop Chocolate or Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- To a blender or Vitamix add the ingredients above and mix, starting on the lowest setting.
- Increase speed quickly to high until smooth and creamy.